16th Workshop on Pyrotechnic Combustion Mechanisms
June 28-30, 2021
VIRTUAL EVENT - WEBWORKSHOP
- REACTIVE MATERIALS & ENHANCED BLAST
- AGENT DEFEAT
- INFRARED COUNTERMEASURES
15th WORKSHOP ON PYROTECHNIC COMBUSTION MECHANISMS
5 - 7 OCTOBER 2020, VIRTUAL EVENT
- E. Dreizin, Metal-Metal Fluoride Reactive Composites and Reactions Leading to their Ignition
- M. Pantoya, Ignition Mechanisms for Fuel Particles in Energetic Composites
- S. Son, Impact Ignition of Energetic Materials
- J. Puszynski, Ignition of Energetic Materials: Mechanism, Theory and Modeling
- V. Weiser, Experimental investigation and modelling of the ignitor plume/propellant interaction
- W. Proud, Impulsive Loading of Detonation Trains
14TH WORKSHOP ON PYROTECHNIC COMBUSTION MECHANISMS
25. JUNE 2018, KAISERSLAUTERN, GERMANY
Presenters and participants at the 15th Workshop on Pyrotechic Combustion Mechanisms
J Campos (2.fl), M Suceska (3.fl standing back), K. Hack (7.fr, standing back), S. Kelzenberg (9.f.r. standing back)
Round Robin Program:
If you are interested to participate with yet another Thermochemical & Kinetics Code (not given below) please download the program and contact us at email@example.com
+++ Codes & Presenters +++
- EXPLO-5, Prof. Dr. Muhamed Suceska, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- FACTSAGE-7.x, Prof. Dr. Klaus Hack, GTT Technologies, Germany
- ICT, Dr. Stefan Kelzenberg, Fraunhofer, ICT, Germany
- NASA-CEA, Dr. Ernst-Christian Koch, Lutradyn, Germany
- THOR , Prof. Dr. Jose Campos, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Ernst-Christian Koch, Lutradyn
Sebastian Knapp, Fraunhofer ICT
D-67661 Kaiserslautern (Hohenecken)
13TH WORKSHOP ON PYROTECHNIC COMBUSTION MECHANISMS
26. JUNE 2017, AT FRAUNHOFER ICT, PFINZTAL/KARLSRUHE, GERMANY
THERMITES - VERSATILE ENERGETIC MATERIALS
Photo von A. Koleczko
Z. Doorenbos (2. v.l.), C. Weinhold (6.v. l, hintere Reihe), B. Proud ((. v.l., vordere Reihe), A. Kuhl (13. v. l), L. Catoire,(7.v.r, vordere Reihe), M. Comet (1.v.r). Es fehlen A. Gromov und V. Weiser
- Ernst-Christian Koch, Lutradyn, GERMANY
- Sebastian Knapp, Fraunhofer ICT, GERMANY
International Advisory Board
- Marc Comet, ISL, FRANCE
- Shingo Date, National Defense Academy, JAPAN
- Nigel Davies, Defence Academy of the UK, UNITED KINGDOM
- Ken Smit, Defence Science Technology Group, AUSTRALIA
The Workshop on Pyrotechnic Combustion Mechanisms (WPC) has been founded in 2004. This occurred in an effort to provide a forum for scientists, engineers and technicians working in the field to facilitate an intensified exchange of ideas on the combustion mechanisms of pyrotechnic and other energetic materials. Since then the workshop is held intermittently adjacent to topically related conferences or seminars.
The workshop typically commences around 8 am with a get-together breakfast in the conference room, offering the opportunity to register and to meet with the presenters and other participants. Starting at 9 am the workshop features presentations of about an hour duration and sufficient time to facilitate discussion between the presenters and audience. Coffee breaks and a lunch break are held in the same room to avoid spread-out and unnecessary interruption of streams of thoughts. The workshop closes with a wrap-up session and dissemination of the presentations to the participants on a flash drive.
To get an idea about the concept access the free-of-charge proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Pyrotechnic Combustion Mechanisms down below on this page.
PAST WORKSHOPS 2004-2017
Price: 55.00 EUR + 19 % MWSt (German VAT)
Order your copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 st, 10 July, 2004, Fort Collins, USA,
- 2 nd, 27 th June, 2005, Pfinztal, Germany.
- 3 rd, 15 July, 2006, Fort Collins, USA.
- 4 th, 25 June, 2007, Pfinztal, Germany.
- 5 th, 6 October, 2007, Beaune, France.
- 6 th, 12 July, 2008, Fort Collins, USA.
- 7 th, 22 August, 2009, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- 8 th, 14 May, 2011, Reims, France.
- 9 th, 9 June, 2012, Denver, USA.
- 10 th, 25 May, 2013, Valencia, Spain.
- 11 th, 12 July, 2014, Colorado Springs, USA.
- 12th, 9 July, 2016, Grand Junction, USA
- 13th, 26 June, 2017, Pfinztal, Germany
- 14th, 25 June, 2018, Kaiserslautern, Germany
- 15th, 5-7 October 2020, Virtual Event
For the full list of presentations see the document to the left.